This position is responsible for creating computer art, printing, laminating, cutting using Gerber Edge sign making equipment.
Day to day responsibilities will include generating art, printing, laminating, die cutting parts according to blueprint and quality plan specifications, weeding scrap, packaging parts and assisting in inventory maintenance and organization of the department.
Must be proficient with computers and able to learn to operate printing, laminating, and plotting equipment. Must be able to read and follow directions from blueprints and quality plans while working under the direction of the Digital Print Manager. Must be able to accurately assess the quality of parts and perform inspection procedures when packaging parts.
- Reviewing department job tickets, managing workflow to ensure all orders are completed on time, and consistently meeting customers’ expectations while maximizing machine efficiency
- Taking customer supplied art and formatting it for printing
- Operate and maintain Gerber Edge printers
- Operate and maintain Mimaki JV3-160 printers
- Producing rigid and roll signs, labels and banners, custom finishing including lamination, mounting, and trimming
- Properly using and maintaining all department tools and equipment, managing machine logs and coordinating maintenance and repair calls with vendors
- Preparing large format signs, banners, and display graphics for shipping and delivery; creating custom packaging when necessary
- Keep track of materials and orders
- Gain familiarity with operating procedures regarding Process Control, Product Identification, Inspection and Test Status, and Non-Conforming Product
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Able to work independently
- Must be proficient with computers and able to learn to operate printing, laminating, and plotting equipment
- Graphic design experience a must, familiarity with Adobe Illustrator or Gerber Omega Software a huge plus!
- Must be able to read and follow directions from blueprints and quality plans while working under the direction of the Digital Print Manager
- Must be able to accurately assess the quality of parts, and perform inspection procedures when packaging parts
- Have familiarity and utilize tooling such as Micrometers, Calipers
- Must have geometry, general math and problem solving skills
Compensation: $14 to $17 Hourly
Benefits Offered: 401K, Life, Medical, Vision
Employment Type: Full-Time
To apply for this position, please submit a resume to: email@example.com